Into The Woods is our latest Fernie Lantern Festival theme. This year we’re getting magical, mythical and mysterious. We’re going to take you through a little dream full of fairies, wild flowers and friendly woodland creatures.
It will go something like this, on November 19th, 2016:
6:30 pm it all beings
• Arrive at The Arts Station and get your lanterns ready – lights, bamboo sticks for carrying.
• Parade your handmade with the rest of the town on 2nd ave and over to Fernie Aquatic Centre.
• Enjoy some excellent entertainment.
• Get yourself some hot chocolate and snacks.
• Take some photos with your friends and family.
• Experience the Into The Woods installation in the grove of trees to the south of the aquatic centre parking lot. You can go through the woods and follow the story and search and find or you can just explore the woods and enjoy the sights.
8 pm fireworks
A HUGE thank you to all the people and organizations who helped make it all possible:
The Fernie Lantern Festival Committee: Leslie Graham, Peggy Black, Brina Schenk, Louise Hilliard, Gail Adams, Michelle Galway, Erin Luna, Denise Baughan.
And everyone else: Deb Clapp, Deb Boulton, Oz Parsons, Jesse Bell, David Black, Guy Beaulieu, Colin Ferguson, Jess Mouse, Xavier Cedeno, Ashley Hoto, Thomas Bravais, Len Serwatkewich, Bernie, Sherri, Luke Nelson and Jacqueline, Laura Nelson, Terry Nelson, Rod Brink, Marie-Kristine Landry, Steve Galway, DJ Ash Market, Fern Marriott, Mike Tomney, City of Fernie, Sharon Switzer, Alex Park, Janelle Park, Mayor Mary Guiliano, Big Bang Fireworks, TD Canada Trust, Starbucks, Fernie Fix, The Free Press, Fairy people, RMI, The Arts Station